Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Monday, August 1, 2005

Coincidences

I don't know about you guys but I don't believe in coincidences.  Today was my first day training for Hospice Volunteer work.  The reason I chose Hospice is because my ex mother in law was dying of cancer and Hospice was there with the family and it was the most beautiful experience of dying I could ever imagine.  This experience helped me with the fear that I have of dying.  Well today I was signing in at the class and the young girl ahead of me signed in and I noticed her last name was "Varnado" which is not a common name and that just so happened to be my mother in laws maiden name and my ex's middle name.  I sat next to the girl to find out where she was from and she was from Bogalusa Louisiana which is where my mother in law was born and raised.  We spoke and she remembered her mother talking about about a Miss Barbara in the family.  Now let me explain Bogalusa is about 3 1/2 hours from where I am now so the chances of this happening is amazing!   I felt this was confirmation that indeed this was where I needed to be.  As the training course went on it became obvious that these people are wonderfully dedicated individuals who love what they do.  In the training were nurses and physicians dedicating their time.  Also Dr. Rivet who is a neurosurgeon and retired donates all of his time as the director.  He was the team doctor for LSU.  Very very inspiring!  All I can say is these people are beautiful and I am honored to be part of it and thank you Ms. Barbara for inspiring me!

No comments: