Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Blessed

Today I was blessed with the company of both of my grandmothers.  It was a special day.  My maternal grandmother was telling me about her wedding with my grandfather who died only 27 years after they were married.  She still cries when she speaks of him.  She was ten and he was thirteen when they met.  He moved away and made her promise to wait for him.  When  she was 13 and he was 16 he came back and they eloped three years later at the ages of 16 and 19.  They truly loved each other. I can remember my mother telling me what a wonderful loving relationship they had.  My grandmother tells me how hard she prayed for him to live whenever she found out he was dying...she was only 43 years old and then she went on to marry an S.O.B. that molested everyone in the family but that's a whole nother story.

Well my paternal grandmother was so happy to see me as she usually is.  She asked me a question today that really made me want to cry...She told me that she prays every day for me but then she said "Sharlene what do you want me to ask God to do for you?"  I said "Grandma, all I want is to love someone and them to love me...to love enough that you accept everything about that other person...even the bad."  She said "okay, that's what I'll pray for".  And you know what?  I bet you anything it'll be mine very soon because her prayers are very powerful.  She has an open line to God. :)

Thank you God for two such wonderful grandmothers...to teach me beautiful things through their experiences. Between the two of them that is 180 years of experience!   I am most blessed!

No comments: