Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Getting home drunk

I realized today that I could get very drunk on my way home from work.  I decided to count the bars between work and where I live  which is about 15 rural miles and 5 city miles. I'm amazed at the amount I counted and that does not include the bar/restaurant combinations.  (with the price of gas these days it's enough to make you wanna drink) I chose to count just the bars and/or drive thru places.  There were 4 drive thru daiqurie joints (how the hell do you spell that?)  Passing through the town of Maurice Louisiana  which is about a one square mile area there were  4 bars and one drive thru.  They also have two Catholic Churches...wonder why?  By the way I have to cross myself 3 times on the way home...you know us Catholics we have to make the sign of the cross when we pass a Catholic Church.   I also pass Luke's Mechanic Shop which incorporated into his sign he has "Pray the Rosary" . (I think that's so cool)   Well I'm just realizing with all the bars we need reminders like that to keep us safe driving.  Hell I have to pray the rosary on the way home just to stay out of all those bars I pass .  "...lead me not into temptation..."  Okay I regress..back to the count.  I counted a total of 20 which is basically one every mile and doesn't include Maurice...that one has a bar every 4th step.  I'm sure I missed a few hole in the walls but I think that's an enormous about of alcohol being advertised for consumption on my way home.  I'm proud to say I've only partaken in a few stops every great once in a while but only of the drive thru variety and they were all frozen virginal drinks...heeheehee....

No comments: