Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Almost forgot!

I did not tell you guys the funniest thing that happened to me today!  I being the good Catholic girl that I am decided to go to confession before mass today.  As I was waiting for confession a friend of my grandson's father was in  line next to me.  He recognized me as Brandi's mother and proceeded to ask my name.  And I told him so he introduced himself to me.  I remembered him because he came over to my house one time to fix my computer.  Anyway I could tell he had liquor on his breath so I was glad for the first time in my life that the confessional was mine to enter.  Bless me Father for I have sinned....Confession took me about 3 minutes. My penance was one Our Father.  LOL  I exit the confessional and Mr. Friend accosted me at the confessional doors.  Imagine my embarrassment when before I could close the confessional doors he asked me out well actually he asked me if I would mind if he would visit me sometimes...  I sinned immediately upon exiting the confessional by lying to him about having a boyfriend.  I should have turned around and went back into the confessional.  Bless me Father for I have sinned...That will be 2 more Our Fathers Madam! Turning young men's head in church...now shouldn't that be at least a rosary???  LOL  I must admit in all my years I have never been asked out in front of the confessional doors.

Blessing of the Day:

 

No one in the world can change Truth. What we can do and should do is to seek truth and to serve it when we have found it. The real conflict is the inner conflict. Beyond armies of occupation and the hecatombs of extermination camps, there are two irreconcilable enemies in the depth of every soul: good and evil, sin and love. And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?

- St. Maximilian Mary Kolbe (1894-1941)

No comments: