Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Friday, August 5, 2005

Jobs

Today I am being lazy.  Doing nothing well today!  Going to bed last night knowing I did not have to go to that job I hated so much was the most wonderful feeling in the world.  Getting up this morning knowing I was free to do nothing was just as wonderful!  I am blessed.  I called the other people who offered me a job to turn it down.  They called back wanting to make me another offer but I am going to just ignore the call.   Also I got a response from another company I sent my resume to week before last.  It's a local bank.  One block from where I live.  I think I will call them...why not?  You never know they may have something better to offer and if it's good I would not have to drive far.  Although I did accept that other job...I guess I will just leave well enough alone and go with it.  It's a good company with great benefits.  I feel so wanted...LOL

Tomorrow I am going to my daughters house.  First time I visit her since she got married and moved.  She has come here plenty but I've never gone there.  She lives 30 minutes from New Orleans and I'm meeting a friend in New Orleans Sunday so it will kill two birds with one stone.  Actually three birds....I haven't seen my lil carrot top in three weeks...I miss that lil bugger.  He's my angel!  He leaves me messages on my voicemail that are soooooooo cute.  I cherish everyone of them.

I love New Orleans! Walking in Jackson Square...watching the people.  Going to mass at St Louis Cathedral.  Eating at Cafe Dumond. All the talented people making their living off the streets.  The mimes are my favorite.  You feel the rich history the minute you step foot in that city!   I don't know why I don't go more often...

No comments: