Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Friendship

I  need a new friend.  My best friend Bill just moved to Colorado and we've been good friends for over 5 years now.  He recently left his wife and has already taken up with someone else and moved to Colorado. Planning on marrying her.  Men!  They just don't know how to stay alone.  I've been alone for 6 months now and am just now thinking about dating again.  I'm just in the thinking stages...may take me a few months to move to the actual pursuing stages...the receptionist at my new job wants to hook me up with a friend of hers.  Now she's only 25 so I can imagine I'd have to probably raise him and I'm in no mood for that at this time in my life.

During my hospice training a bereavement social worker was telling us that it is typical and not unusual for a man to take up with another woman as quickly as 2 months after a death of a spouse or the ending of a relationship.  Well my friend Bill topped that one...he stayed with me for one week after his separation and the following week he had already moved in with his next victim and all the while professing to still love his wife.  I'm still trying to get a  handle on this...to me if you truly love someone it would be difficult to start a new relationship so soon.  I know I couldn't...not one with any kind of meaning.  I'm sure it's possible because you hear it all the time...BUT that's when I say it wasn't true love to begin with.

What's all this about love lately?  I must be getting old or missing love in my life?  Hmmm...take an aspirin Sharlene and call me in the morning.  LOL

By the way..when I do start dating again my journals may become more interesting but I promise I won't be using vaseline on  my first date ever again....hmmmm bet that one makes ya think but it has nothing to do with what you have in your gutter minds!

No comments: