Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Only one way out

 Today I visited again with my hospice patient.  She is not doing well at all.  She has declined tremendously since last Wednesday. I don't believe she will be with us much longer.   Her 3 daughters were there and I was able to meet them for the first time. I'm a very "to myself person" and to be involved in a program like this has really brought me out of myself.  To walk up to total strangers and lend an ear is so totally foreign to who I thought I was.  I talked with my mother today and she can't believe I'm actually doing this.  Goes to show you how much we don't know about ourselves and how even your mother can be surprised.  I am so petrified of death that doing this is helping me deal with my fears.  After all there's only one way out of this place...so I best get over the fear!

Beam me up Scottie!

 

Be kindhearted to the poor, the unfortunate and the afflicted. Give them as much help and consolation as you can. Thank God for all the benefits he has bestowed upon you, that you may be worthy to receive greater. Always side with the poor rather than with the rich, until you are certain of the truth.

- King Saint Louis IX (1214-1270)

No comments: