Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

My Visit

Today I visited my hospice patient.  I will call her "Angel".  She represents an angel to me.  She has the sweetest soul and the kindest demeanor. Today she was a bit upset.  I could see the emotions come across her face.  It is so enlightening to see the many emotions she feels.  She talks but it is so low that you can barely understand her.  I do know from the emotions on her face what she is experiencing.  Today I was sad with her because I could tell she felt some kind of emotional pain.  She would grimace and her lips would trimble.  It was almost like she was trying to understand someone or something.  She would shake her head almost in disbelief.  Her eyes would widen and then all of a sudden she would calm down and rest awhile.  I prayed for her mind to rest.  It seems like it never does.  I don't know if it's turmoil of some kind.  It's really hard to know since I don't know much about alzhiemers but I do know what my heart felt from her and that's all I need to know right now....

The Blessing:

There is no danger if our prayer is without words or reflection because the good success of prayer depends neither on words nor on study. It depends upon the simple raising of our minds to God, and the more simple and stripped of feeling it is, the surer it is.

- St. Jane Frances de Chantal (1572-1641)

No comments: