Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Monday, October 3, 2005

Privacy

I amaze myself. I have everyone trained to my liking. I feel like a queen among peasants. LOL

No, actually things are going much better than I anticipated. We are all adjusting well to being couped together like chickens. A few of us feel like our heads are cut off and we are running around aimlessly. (Hint....my brother)

Everyone is doing there part to make this transition as painless as possible. Everyone is trying not to inconvenience me. We are all inconvenienced and I realize that none of us want to be in this situation. We all want to be home in "our" place. Although, yes, I am at my home it is no longer "mine". It is "ours" for the duration of the evacuation.

I am very proud of myself so far. I am a loner and a neat freak so this is probably a bigger adjustment for me than anyone. They mostly are already accustomed to co-habiting since they live next door to each other. I keep telling myself that I am building character. I have a few character lines building on my face since this started.

I have decided that I will try to remain positive rather than negative. Tempers are flaring amongst the family members and I actually was a peacemaker rather than the instigator. Mercy! Imagine that! I will try to do what I do best...find humor in all things.

We are all eligible for food stamps but none of us want to go stand in line in 90 degree weather for 7 hours. We did apply for the FEMA disaster assistance and we all qualified which is a big help. No one but my father and I have income coming in right now so it’s getting ready to get tough.

I am thankful that I have a job and a home!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, all in all, the conclusion here shows that you have it all in perspective. We are all called upon, at one time or another, to extend ourselves. I think, by your descriptions, that you're handling the entire situation with charm and grace. It is a major imposition to give up the one refuge we can usually count on, and I'd say you are being more than gracious. Good luck!


Jimmy