Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Friday, September 2, 2005

K A T

Seems in all of this devastation there isn't much to say that hasn't been already said.  We know what desparation, hunger and fear will do to the human race. I shudder to imagine the horrors these people have experienced.  I went through Hurricane Lily and the only inconvenience I suffered was a lost roof and no electricity for a week.  I thought it was the most miserable time in my life BUT I had food and I still had my hometown to stay in.  I just think that if you have a "mandatory" evacuation and someone can't afford to leave because of poverty...shouldn't they have bussed them out?  Found some way?  I know we can't expect miracles with the relief effort but I truly believe more could/should have been done.  I imagine and I bet everything I own a lot of these people wanted to leave and were scared but couldn't afford it and there was no one there to offer any solutions for them.  A sad situation for America and I don't blame any particular person, place or thing.  As a whole we are good people and we will all come together as Americans and do what it takes to survive it.  God's way of showing us that we are indeed a nation with heart.  You see it all over...the donations.  Everyone doing everything they can to help.  God Bless America!

 

 

If we knew at what time we were to depart from this world, we would be able to select a season for pleasure and another for repentance. But God, who has promised pardon to every repentant sinner, has not promised us tomorrow.... This very day is a day of truce, a day for conversion. And yet we refuse to cry over the evil we have done! Not only do we not weep for the sins we have committed, we even add to them.

- St. Gregory the Great (540-604)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here in a hotel room in Baton Rouge having evacuated from the westbank of New Orleans.  As a business owner, we worry about the impact that this will have our businesses and the economy.  My home thus far is still intact and safe, and my family ,although displaced, is safe.  I know things will never be the same around here, and we will have a long way to go, I feel fortunate to have a home to go back to and a family to welcome there.  We take it a day at a time........