Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Saturday, September 3, 2005

The Hand of God through US

However great the work that God may achieve by an individual, he must not indulge in self-satisfaction. He ought rather to be all the more humbled, seeing himself merely as a tool which God has made use of.  

- St. Vincent de Paul

 

And God has made use of many Americans in the face of this tragedy. 

I heard from my friend in Mississippi today.  He is fine and I was so relieved.  Let me tell you about my friend.  Him and I met back in 1971 on  Holly Beach in Cameron Louisiana  when I was a mere child of twelve and he was a teen of sixteen.  We fell in love and never forgot each other.  I was too young but we kept in touch until 1973 when he went off to college.  He always thought he would come back for me but I married at the tender age of 16 and when he found out it devastated him. I didn't find this out until 32 years later.  My heartbroken 14 year old heart only thought he didn't love me. My diary from way back then is proof of my heartbreak.  Many entries of love for him.  Innocence. My mom called to tell him I was getting married and he wanted to talk me out of it but my mother never told me and you know had I known I wouldn't have married BUT God had other plans.   Of course I learned all of this one year ago when he contacted me after 32 years.  He was passing through my hometown and decided to look up my family name to see if anyone was still around and low and behold they were.  My brother answered the phone and gave him my cell number.  We have been talking for a year now and it's as if no time had passed.  It was so amazing to be able to talk and laugh with someone for hours.  He's married and we have now given up the friendship because he does have responsibilities to his wife and family and I don't want to cause any trouble between them and our relationship was getting a bit too close for comfort. It has been a tough thing to do but I know without a doubt it is the right thing to do.  I did hear that Katrina caused a lot of damage for him but he is alright and that's all that counts!

Here we are back then...This was for my 14th birthday 10/28/72

I haven't changed a bit...huh?

No comments: