Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Ms Rita

Let me live by love, let me die of love, and let my last heartbeat be an act of the most perfect love.

- Saint Marie Victoire Therese Couderc (1805-1885)

 

I did not exactly live by this example this past weekend with my family but I will not speak of the negatives. 

I will speak of the positives of this weekend. 

We are alive.  We are well. 

I have no apparent damage to my property other than the hard work it's going to take to clean up the limbs but at least it's just tree limbs and not life and limb. 

I thank God for life. 

I thank God for the gentle breeze that blew to keep us as cool as possible during our time without electricity.  I am still without electricity but God blesses because a cool front is moving in tonight. 

I thank God for the water we had to shower and get cool when there were no other resources to cool tempers and body heat.

I thank God for the BBQ Pit and charcoal so that we did not have to live off of vienna sausage and cold beans.

And most of all I thank God for my coca cola that did not run out.  Because God help us all if I had run out.  We did run out of ice but hot coke is better than no coke.  My dad had hot hot tap water for his coffee and my brother had his alcohol for his addiction.   My mom had a bed to sleep through it all and my neice had the privilege of listening to the wind when nothing else dampened the tempers.

I feel blessed because so very many in my area did not escape so blessed.  I thank God for Katrina because so many in my area left when before they would not have. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice how things read when someone puts them in proper perspective. I liked your take on this.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I'm just thankful that you are all okay.  I'd like to see some of the pictures when you get your power back on.
Sam