Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sunday

What a long boring day!  I decided to stay home and do nothing.  I am the master of doing nothing but for some reason today was not an easy day for me.   I know I won't sleep tonight because I laid around all day so that means it will be a long night as well. :(   I really do need to get a life..I've been single now for 4 months going on 5 and I think it's damned near time to venture out into the world again. I've communed with myself for long enough and I think my inner being is telling me "Sharlene get out there and try it again!"  but my outter being is saying "hell no!"  There is a war going on within myself.  On the one hand I want to believe love is possible but on the other hand I know the odds are against me.  The battles of the mind...I could quite them with alcohol or drugs but I choose to let them fight until someone comes out the winner.  Thank God for my faith or I know these battles would be so much more difficult.

And here is the blessing of the day.  He speaks:

When it's God Who is speaking ... the proper way to behave is to imitate someone who has an irresistible curiosity and who listens at keyholes. You must listen to everything God says at the keyhole of your heart.

- St. John Vianney

No comments: