Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Hospice

Well folks after many attempts at looking for a place to volunteer my time I have finally volunteered for Hospice.  I've volunteered in every area they have available since I have so much time on my hands.  In the past few years I have been feeling a bit useless and I've wanted and needed to contribute somewhere. Give back to God what he has so generously given to me.  I've thought of so many charities to contribute but I guess I needed a "calling"  and in our church bulletin there it was an advertisement for Hospice.  I have to go through a two day training course and Thank God I have vacation time that I can take off to do this.  For many years I have had a strong fear of death and I think this will help me combat that fear by showing me that there is a peacefulness even in death.  I saw that peacefulness once when my mother in law was dying.  Death can be a very beautiful and touching time with family surrounding you.  Life is so difficult at times.... I wonder why we struggle so hard to remain living when in death all your worries are gone?

The blessing of the day (isn't this ironic?)

If I were to die within a few hours, I would do nothing more than I do now.  For now I am actually giving to God all that I have.  I cannot give more unless God in his mercy bestows it on me.

- Venerable Gregroy Lopez (1542-1596)

No comments: