Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Movin' on Down

I have lived the American Dream. I’ve owned my own home and it ain’t all that and a bag of chips. I am alone with a three bedroom home. Why?

I’m packing my shit and getting the hell out of Dodge. I should have done this 2 years ago but now the market is much better for selling so the house goes on the market Saturday.

I have a lot of crap to get rid of but I want to live a VERY simple life of the bare essentials. I don’t want any albatrosses around my neck that will stop me from moving along wherever and whenever I decide to ride my horse out of Dodge.

Sometimes we have crap on top of crap that we don’t need. Why not give it to someone who will benefit from having it? We tend to be bound to our "stuff". I don’t want anything material binding me. I think it’s Southwest Airlines that says "you are free to move around the country". Well that’s gonna be me!

Okay, that all sounded good, but the truth is, I’m selling because my daughter is buying a home and she will need all my "stuff" and since I don’t need my "stuff" who better to give it to than the two people who mean everything to me? Essentially it is true that I want to live a simple life but I have selfish motives. If I give them everything that means they have to come and get it which leaves me less to deal with. I ain’t stupid!

I can’t tell you what a relief it is to finally decide to do it. Who knows I may even move closer to Brandi. Why not? Nothing is keeping me here. Actually there is nothing keeping me anywhere. Gosh, the freedom of it all!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

FREEDOM???? whats that??? lol.
Missy

Anonymous said...

That's it!!!!!!!........You need to get a Harley.......and RIDE!!!!!...LOL

Anonymous said...

Ah freedom......but closer to the ones you love, now that's great!  Lots of luck to ya!
Sharon – http://journals.aol.com/tpiez4me/CoastalComfort

Anonymous said...

There is such as thing as freedom???????? I want some freedom, lol. good idea on getting rid of stuff so you don't have to move it. have a good night. (((hugs)))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Free Bird Fly!

Anonymous said...

Great Idea.  I can't wait to do the same someday.  Enjoy yourself.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Go you!  Are you going to buy another house, or rent or just live in a sleeping bag and become a nomad?? hee

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

I read this with a little twinge of jealousy, because I'm sitting here thinking how wonderful the "simple life" is sounding, more and more everry day. I'm afraid I'm living a lifestyle I don't want to be living any more.

I wish you well with this choice, and I'd love to hear how it all turns out. Maybe I can live vicariously through you.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

So basically what you are saying is, you are a hippy!
Cool!
A free spirit. A flower in a meadow, swaying in a gentle breeze on a fresh autumn morning.

Awww aint that pretty!