Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Friday, September 22, 2006

The End of Summer

I was showering and when I looked down at my feet, I knew summer was indeed over.    My toenails are no longer manicured and my heels are not smooth as a baby's butt.  Oh how we let ourselves go during the winter months and we have to work so damned hard two months prior to summer to get back where we were.  Why oh why don't we just keep up with the program?

I really need a life!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...sit down and just "do it!"  Get out that pumice stone, the creams, the toe crud diggers, the trimmers and the polish.......and JUST DO IT! hee

Jackie

Anonymous said...

lol, I need one more than you.  I bet I do,
my heels haven't been smooth in years,
but at least I am not pregnant anymore.
hehe

Missy

Anonymous said...

LOL. Playing "catch-up" is half the fun of life!

It'll all be good.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean but this year I am not going to let it happen!  I am going to work really hard to keep myself together this winter!  Linda

Anonymous said...

How am I supposed to have smooth heels when my stupid dog licks off every bit of lotion I put on them? LOL

(BTW, I thought you Southerners had summer 365 days a year....)

Gail in MN
http://www.blogspot.com