Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Matthew's Birthday Party

Pics of Matthew's 5th Birthday Party although he doesn't turn 5 until August 18th his party was this weekend.  The lucky lil man will have another party on his actual birthdate.  It's nice when you live far far away from family.

I will share with you a whole new perspective he gave me this weekend.  I bought a pair of pants that I planned to wear to his party but I was telling him after I took them off:

"Nammy will have to return these pants because they are way too big!"

He said "No, Nammy, those pants aren't too big, you are too small!"

Ah! What an angel!

The cake was made by his other "Nana".  Brandi's stepmom.   She bakes cakes and does a wonderful job with them.  Not only are they pretty, they taste delicious.  I, being the pig that I am, had to have a piece of each cake.  One was filled with raspberry, the other raspberry/chocolate and one was chocolate.

 

Matthew's other siblings...Michael and Mckenzie.  He also has a brother named Francis who he has never met.  His father is a busy man!

Nana the baker of the cake.  Matthew was out of wind by the time he blew out candles on three cakes.

The pinata'...do you think they hung it high enough in the tree?

Oh boy!  Finally!  Presents!

Ooh boy! See the glow in my eyes?  More presents!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy b-day Matthew!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Matthew:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Where's my peice of cake?
:o)

Anonymous said...

3 cakes???? He's sooooooooooo lucky. I want a birthday party like that. lolololol

Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

those cakes are beautiful. loved the pics. Happy Birthday Matthew. ((((hugs))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

That's so terrific! What a great party for the little guy. How cool were those cakes!

Major Brownie points for the little guy on the pants comment. Well-deserved, I might add. :)