Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Elvis

This coming week marks the 30th anniversary of Elvis' death.  The man was such a big idol of mine.  I was watching his 1968 comeback special tonight and damn!  that was a beautiful man!  To this day, I don't think anyone compares to his beauty.  He sang one of my favorite songs and I found myself crying as he sang it with such emotion.  It brought back many memories of my own.  I think we can all identify with this song in one way or another.

Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind
Memories, sweetened thru the ages just like wine

Quiet thought come floating down
And settle softly to the ground
Like golden autumn leaves around my feet
I touched them and they burst apart with sweet memories,
Sweet memories

Of holding hands and red bouquets
And twilight trimmed in purple haze
And laughing eyes and simple ways
And quiet nights and gentle days with you

Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind
Memories, sweetened thru the ages just like wine,
Memories, memories, sweet memories

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some times I am afraid of memories.

Anonymous said...

I remember the day he died. We closed the restaurant where I worked, and cried. We all loved Elvis and I still do. (((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...


I grew up listening to ELO, Black sabbath and Abba.
Im too young to have gotten into Elivs. Not that I was ever in to ABBA.
:O)

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe that man is gone 30 years. Good lord! He was a rare talent who would have been King in any generation (particularly now!) and I bet he touched a lot more lives than we'll ever know.

Anonymous said...

He woulda been President by now if he was still around!
Gaz;-)