Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Love

Love is sufficient of itself; it gives pleasure by itself and because of itself. It is its own merit, its own reward. Love looks for no cause outside itself, no effect beyond itself. Its profit lies in the practice.

 

- Saint Bernard of Clairvaux (1090-1153)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh ok
i was thinking about lust

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say that I've never heard that before, and that I'm sorry I didn't. It's one of the most profound lessons I think anyone ever offered us. Thank you for bringing that one out.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Um, ok, if you say so!
Gaz ;-)