Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Adoration

Every Wednesday from 7 pm to 8 pm, I do a Holy Hour, which is also called Eucharistic Adoration, in the Chapel at St. Mary Magdalen Church. It is an hour of prayer and worship. They try to have two people in the chapel at all times. On Wednesday, it is me and another lady, but sometimes other people come in to worship. Tonight a man came in to worship with us.

It is so quiet that you can hear a pin drop. As I am praying the rosary, I hear a heavy sigh and what I believe to be a hiccup, coming from the man. I do not look in his direction because it sounds to me like he is sobbing. I start praying fervently for this man to be relieved of all of his pain and suffering because obviously if he is going to let out a sob, it must be truly painful, whatever he is enduring.

A few minutes later, I venture a look in his direction, and it took everything within my power not to laugh at my piousness, because this man obviously had fallen asleep and let out a few snores, which I interpreted and heard as sobs.

I almost lost it! And then I smiled and silently thanked God for another journal entry.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Mother Mary was laughing with you.  I'm not Catholic, but I LOVE the Rosary.

Anonymous said...

LOL!  Now that was cute, sis!  Maybe the church is the only place he can actually rest!  Who knows?  lol

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

Oh you had to tell everyone I snored???

Hey, your heart is definitely in the right place. I think all involved, including God, would have let this one pass if you had laughed!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

lol, that is so funny, thanks for sharing
Missy

Anonymous said...

he needed to sleep somewhere safe!

Anonymous said...

Guess your prayers gave him some peace LOL!!!!