Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Walgreens and Angels


Today I was at my local Walgreens and was stooping to the lowest level to grab an item  when I heard a booming voice make a statement about Nancy “Botox” Pelosi and a few other choice statements.  He proceeded to Bless America and a few others.   I was chuckling out loud when he rounded the corner and saw me.  I guess my halo was showing and he found the need to explain himself.  He said that the pharmacist and he were good friends and in a prayer group together.  He said they  wouldn’t  talk about worldly things and he explained that sometimes it got tiring to be so holy .  He continued  to inform me that what I was witnessing was his swerve to things unholy.  It put the biggest smile on my face because unbeknownst to him he was speaking to someone who understood the need to walk on the dark side every now and then.  He was so infectious and a bubble of joy leapt  from my heart.  He walked me down the aisle to the register wishing me a very Merry Christmas!  Sometimes the smallest thing can make your day so where ever you are try to notice  God in others.  It’s there even when it doesn’t appear as though that is what you are seeing.  God visits you in the most unlikely of places. :))

1 comment:

Ken Riches said...

Love some real holiday cheer!