Ajoleblon...A Cajun Tale

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This journal is a bunch of rants about nothing. Mostly lighthearted happenings in the life of a woman who is very simple and who wants for nothing but greatly appreciates whatever is given. You will find nothing profound here but hopefully something that will make you laugh and that's what I enjoy doing most. Being humorous. Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

In bed with the son in law

My grandson asked me if I liked his Big Daddy, who is his stepdad and my son in law. We get along well enough but there are some things I don't agree with so we really don't have much to say to each other. I guess my grandson, in all of his wisdom, noticed our lack of repartee. He decided to inquire about this little thing he noticed. The conversation went like this:

Matthew "Nammy do you like my Big Daddy?"

Me (not wanting to lie and buying time). Why do you ask?

Matthew "because y'all never talk"

Me (quick on my toes and not wanting to lie). Well, Matthew, Big Daddy goes straight to bed to watch tv when I am here so in order to talk to him I'd have to climb in bed with him!"

He got the biggest chuckle out of that idea while realizing the truth of it and I was saved from lying to my grandson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes kids can ask some embarrassing questions can't they.

I remember my ex's little boy asking why I slept in Mummy's room and not on the sofa when I stayed over. I didn't know what to say.
Her quick thinking answer was that I was too scared to sleep downstairs on my own!